Thursday, September 28, 2006

Exhaling too soon

See... I knew it.... I’d go and jinx myself!
29w5d, which was Saturday, I relented and let Chad put the pram together.......
Up until that time, I hadn’t allowed anyone to give us anything baby related, or for us to “prepare” for the baby.....just in case.....
So Chad puts the pram together.......
That night, my last stop before bed was to go to the loo......
I wipe......there’s blood....... not just a tiny smidge of blood either
It’s 10:30pm and we’re off to L & D
There is no pain.....just blood.
They attatch all the monitors......the baby is doing fine..... there are no contractions......just blood
The blood gets heavier......
They have a look to see if they can see where the blood is coming from
They can’t see because it keeps pooling “up there” and they can’t be certain if it’s coming from the stitch or from up higher.
12am, I recieve my first steriod shot.......just in case the stitch needs to come out
2:30am, the bleeding has slowed, it’s only when i wipe.....they move me out of L & D and into a normal room.
4am, I have a major bleed, I call the nurse......she’s a little dim..... says that if it happens again (have another major bleed) that they’ll move me back to L & D
Sunday is spent in a daze, listening to babies crying and monitors going off all around me.
At midnight, I’m given my second steroid shot.
Monday morning, I’m sent for a scan. I have 1 cm of cervix, the baby’s head is wedged firmly against the stitch, they can’t tell exactly where the bleeding (which is brown now) has been coming from. They are concerned about the lack of fluid around the baby, but not TOO concerned.
Tuesday, less bleeding......just brown and smudgy......brown is good right?
Well not that good, but better than bright red.
Am told that we may get discharged tomorrow.... yippee
Wednesday we are sent home with instructions that if I start bleeding red again, to come back to the hospital.
So now it’s Thursday, and I’ve had a bit of dischargy stuff, different from Saturday night, more CM/snot tinged with red/brown. I’m trying not to worry......... I’m not cramping......only having discharge when I wipe, though there has been a fair bit of it.
I’m guessing we’ll be heading back to the hospital tonight......just to be on the safe side.......
*sigh *
Edit: don't panic, I have a tendancy of making things sound WAY worse than what they are. Yes we're bleeding, but the baby is doing fine....he's kicking up a storm, in what little room he has in my retarded bicornuate uterus.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

What an ordeal.. I am glad that everything is okay so far! I am even happier to know that you are 29 weeks, so if the baby is delivered now everything should be just fine... please keep us posted! you will be in my thoughts!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Oh crap...why can't things just be easy for you!

Love and good thoughts (and a few prayers) headed your direction...

Hang in there.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How scary! Please take it easy...and keep that baby in there a little longer...I'll be thinking of you.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Oh god! glad you are doing better.

12:58 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Oh Chan! I hope that you find yourself in bed for the next two months - doing whatever you like. (Just don't go silent like you did back in May, okay?)

(((((hugs)))))

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you're getting on. I'm glad that you are as far along as you are- please take it easy and look after yourself!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I know how you were trying your hardest not to say or do anything to jinx harming your beautiful bub but hopefully you are far along enough for bub to arrive early and still be ok. I will see you soon. Hundreds of hugs and kisses. oxxoxoxoxo Charissa.

8:49 PM  
Blogger KatieMc said...

Wow, what a scare. Makes my stomach leap for you. HUGS!!!!!!!!!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Shinny said...

I so hope that all the excitement stops soon. And you have every right to make it sound worse, because what you wrote is more then likely the toned down version anyway. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Just know that I am thinking about you and hoping like heck that this stops and you can rest easy for a few more weeks.
Take care and big hugs from Wisconsin to you.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Oh my God Chan, I am so worried for you and the baby. Please, please, please let this be ok for you both.
((hugs)) Clare

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home