Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Who's Laughing Now??

I originally wasn’t going to post this, seeing as all probably all think that I’m just some whinny, bitter, self absorbed person, with all the bitchy posts, but ppphhhtttt...... why have you think that I’m anything other than whinny, bitter and self absorbed? When you’re on a roll........

Anywho....... Chad’s friend Mark (that I mentioned here ) lives only 10 minutes away, but most of our conversations are carried out on MSN, as you do. And because Chad is a “hunt and peck” kind of guy, it’s usually left up to me to “chat” with him. We haven’t yet told them we are “baking”, there’s a long drawn out reason behind that, which I’ll go into another day, but for now, they have no idea.

So the other week I was chatting to him, and he was telling me how poor Nadine is soooooo sick, that she’s head down in the loo every 30 minutes and that she’s had to give up her part time job. I admit I had a bit of a giggle, and may have even uttered “suck shit”, but only to myself of course, because I’d hate for him to think I was jealous about their pregnancy. Only you guys get to witness how narky I really am.

Mark, being the walking contradiction that he is, tried to tell me, despite our last MSN conversation, that this baby was indeed planned and wasn’t an “oops” baby. I wanted to call him out and tell him to pull his head out of his arse, but, I was polite and let him waffle on.

I was under the assumption that Nadine was a lot further along when he’d told us as he’s not usually one to talk about anything. With Mark, everything falls under the “it’s too personal” header and he rarely talks, even to Chad, about relationship troubles, money worries or anything “personal”. Hence Chad thinking it must have been a HUGE deal when Mark discussed the thoughts of leaving Nadine because things were at breaking point just weeks before the “big announcement”.

Apparently, the pee hadn’t even dried on the stick before he was telling the world that he was going to be a daddy.

She is only 3 weeks ahead of me, due mid November.

Nadine is the kind of girl that wouldn’t dream of leaving the house without her hair and make-up done. She always is dressed like someone who’s just stepped out of a Cosmo magazine, always up to the minute when it comes to fashion. So when I saw them shopping the other night, I had to do a double take. Her hair was dank and matted, she was wearing a beaten up old cardigan and a pair of shorts that looked like they’d belonged to her father. There was not a trace of make-up and her skin was atrocious. She looked like crap. Definitely not the Nadine we were accustomed to seeing.

As shallow as it may sound, seeing her like that made me feel AMAZING! I’m by no means an oil painting, but I try and make myself look presentable (most days). Although being up with the fashions is out of the question because I would barely be able to squeeze my left tit into three quarters of cloths found in fashion magazines, I do try and wear nice-ish kinds of things, though I was in my work uniform at the time, so that kind of makes that point mute.

I felt fantastic, because, well, although I’ve had nausea, it’s been more like a constant hangover kind of feeling, I hadn’t actually lost my lunch, and have been able to function “normally”.

Until Sunday.............. (you so saw that coming didn’t you??)

Sunday I was so sick I had to leave work after only 3 hours. I spent the rest of the day with my head in the toilet.

Monday..........ditto

Tuesday wasn’t so bad. I’ve found that if I keep stuff going down, there’s less of a chance of things coming back up.

My lesson has been learnt.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

bwa ha ha ha! No offense to you, but that is too funny.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Touche lol!! There's something very 'Muriel's Wedding' about the people you write about:)

But glad you are suitably ill!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Shinny said...

Sorry that you also have to deal with silly people in your life. I so relate to feeling better when seeing someone who annoys me looking like crap. I am evil.

Sorry you were so sick, but then that is what we want to stick around for assurance that Chan Jr. is still baking away, right? Hope you at least stop the head in the toilet part but keep the hangover. ;) So very glad to hear that all is still going well.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe, you and bub are still going strong which is good to hear and better the yukky feeling then no feeling so good luck with that :) See you soon.
Rissa.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm heaps glad you're chucking, because this is definately a Good Sign.

Also glad you're looking better than that other mole. Sorry, did I say that out loud?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home