Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Too old for this shit....

Hangovers are not good for the soul.... they are also not good for the head or the stomach. Here I sit, 2 days, yes 2 fucking days, after drinking myself into oblivion still feeling like crap. It's not just the morning after the night before....but the day after the morning after the night before. I never use to get hangovers when I was younger..... well not never....but hardly ever. Now that I've crossed into the over 30's group, my tolerance for alcohol is apparently almost zero. It's official.... I'm too old for this shit.

I must admit that I had an absolutely awesome day though. My friend "A" is heading off to England soon (why is it that all my friends seem to be moving OS? Do I smell???) so some quality time together before she jets off was a chance for us to catch up on some much needed girlie talk, was also a way to help me get myself out of this funk that I'm in....... and sitting in the sun staring at 44 hot sweaty men in short shorts, while sipping on ice cold beers on a Sunday afternoon, was just the medicine I needed.

A surprise visit from my friend "Cleavage" also helped no end. Cleavage , in typical bloke fashion, doesn't usually show high amounts of sympathy for people. I don't think it's because he doesn't care, he, like so many people just don't know what to say. So instead of being stand-off-ish, or doing that whole tilted head pity thing,(which I fucking HATE), to him, I was just me. The same chick he'd met 5 years ago, the pre infertility, pre miscarriages chick. I found myself being more "me" than I had in months. A chance to hang out with people who had no idea of how traumatic the last 12 months of my life had been. I was just "Chan"........ and I shone......

Though all that "shining" has left me feeling like a crap sandwich.........still.....

As I said before...
I'm too old for this shit.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home