Thursday, March 24, 2005

Random

I've noticed lately that some of my younger single friends have been leaving their inhibitions behind and, as they put it, going out and finding "randoms". Hooking up with hot guys for just the night, no emotional attachments, no expectations of "more".... just plain old unadulterated sex.

Bully for them I reckon. If men can do it, why the fuck can't women do it to?

I use to do it...... way back when...... I just wanted fun. And that I did. Admittedly, I look back now and know that the reasons I looked for that emotionless sex was because I was afraid of rejection, of falling in love. I didn't want to put myself out there only to be made to feel like "just a root" when they didn't call.... I didn't want to feel rejected. It wasn't about the emotion or the connection, it was the sex, just the sex, and nothing but the sex. I was safe then.... I didn't get hurt, my hopes were never dashed and my heart was never broken.

In hindsight, I don't actually regret what I did, I regret hiding behind casual sex because I was too afraid to feel. Don't get me wrong.... I had an awesome time during my teens and I wouldn't change a thing. It's made me appreciate what I have today..... and today.... today is what dreams are made of ( .... I love you Chadley ...)

To my single friends that are randoming..... I hope you're having the time of your life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home